Sunday 29 January 2017

The Blogger Recognition Award

Official Logo for The Blogger Recognition Award


Hey guys! I was nominated very kindly by My Blurred World. I would like to thank her for the nomination! Everyone should seriously go and check her blog out because it is so inspirational and beautiful! 


The rules
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.                                                   3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.                                        5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award. (Only nominating the blogs that I haven't seen nominated yet!)
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
My blog's Story
So, my blog was born in July well over two years ago with my Nars Review. I had been debating creating a blog for a long time, with a lot of people telling me I should go for it. The main inspiration for me creating it was my Step Sister Beth, who always told me I should make one. She was so wonderful and creative and always encouraged me to do things I love. When she passed, I thought that creating my blog would be like a nod to her, y'know? So one summer, I finished sixth form for the summer and had a long time off. I thought this would be the perfect time to start my blog because I had loads of time to myself. It was like a little hobby to keep myself occupied I guess. From there, I just started writing more and more, until where we are now. 
My Advice
My first piece of advice goes to mainly the people who have always wanted to start a blog but been too scared to. Fuck what other people think! If something makes you happy and you enjoy writing about it, then do it. Too much of our lives is wasted thinking about what other people think of us. 
My Second piece of advice is to not be scared to only write about one thing. Just because my blog has 'beauty' in it's title, doesn't mean I shouldn't write about everything else that interests me. If you write about what is interesting and inspiring to you, your content is going to be a lot better than if you are just writing posts that are based on what everybody else does. One week I'll be talking about my favourite foundation, next week I'll be showing you my favourite bands and the week after I will be showing my travel photos - you do you boo. 
My Nominees
Love Rebecca Ashley x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig