Monday 13 April 2020

MY LOCKDOWN SKINCARE ROUTINE




Hey guys! Long time, no see... Jokes aside, I thought since the UK is stuck in lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, now would be the perfect time to pick up blogging again...

So why not kick it off with an old fashioned, beauty orientated blog? 

So if you are a long time reader (p.s. sorry for ghosting), you will know I've always reviewed skincare and makeup with the "disclaimer" that I have normal/dry skin. Well apparently a lot can change in the space of a year - and since then my skin has had a massive freak out

My skin is now combination/oily and pretty damn problematic. This means all the products I used to use are basically, absolutely useless, so I've had to change some things up. 

Now my skin is far from perfect, but I have definitely seen some improvements since swapping to this skincare routine and giving makeup a bit of a rest whilst I've been stuck inside. So if you are looking for some new products to add to your collection, stay tuned. 

1. My favourite cleanser - Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - £15.50

So maybe not everything about me has changed - yes, this product is STILL in my favourites. I've used this cleanser since I was 15 and I still swear by it as "the best cleaner on the market", regardless of your skin type. 


Pop this bad boy all over your dry face and eye area (it even removes makeup) and wash off using a muslin cloth. Double cleanse to make sure you are squeaky clean. 

2. The newcomer - Face Theory Colloidal-C Anti-Redness Toner T3

Face Theory Colloidal-C Anti-Redness Toner T3 - £14.99
Toner is probably one of my favourite parts of my skincare routine because I love how soothing it feels when you use it. I've been using this Face Theory cleaner recently, as I've always struggled with redness and sensitive skin. I've only been using this product a week or two, but so far I've been loving it and have noticed a difference in reduced redness. 

Drop a few drops onto a cotton pad, or reusable bamboo cotton round if you want to be more environmentally friendly. 

3. The gamechanger - Face Theory Regenacalm 2% Retinol & Vitamin C Serum S1


This guy is the real star of the show and is why I am buying more and more Face Theory products. I've been using this product for over a month now and since I've seen fewer breakouts, acne scars starting to fade and reduced redness. I can't imagine my skincare routine without this product anymore! 

Use a few drops on areas of concern after toning and before moisturiser. Make sure you use SPF if you are leaving the house.

Use this discount code for 20% off Face Theory.   

4. The dupe - Lacura Facial Cream (Aldi)
Lacura Facial Cream - £3.99

Oh yes, we all love a dupe. This Aldi addition is a copy of the Khiel's Ultra Facial Cream, which used to be my GO TO before I tried to be cruelty-free with all my skincare products. Better yet, this cream is literally £3.99! This is literally amazing for the price and great if you are on a budget. 

Scoop some up & use all over the face after the other steps. 

5. The darkhorse - Lacura Rose Facial Oil (Aldi)

Lacura Rose Facial Oil - £3.99
Yep, another Aldi product! I bought this on a whim one day, but I noticed after I started using this, my skin looked visibly radiant the next day. The only issue is I think this has been discontinued for now, but I would look into adding Rose Oil to your routine. 

I add one drop to my moisturiser (a little goes a long way). 

6. The saviour - Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask

Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask - £33.50
Last but not least, this is a great multi-use product. I was recommended this after getting a facial once, to be used as a face mask, but even more interestingly used as a spot treatment. This is amazing at drying out breakouts overnight and lasts forever as its such a big bottle!

Either use as a face mask or use as a spot treatment overnight to dry out nasty breakouts. 

And that's everything - better yet, all these products are cruelty-free! Let me know if you have any recommendations for me to try out and subscribe to be notified of my future posts. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x




SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig