Wednesday 15 April 2020

SHRINE DROP IT: FIRST IMPRESSIONS



Hey guys! So if any of you are on TikTok, you've probably seen a bunch of people dying their hair every colour in the rainbow using the new SHRINE drop it semi-permanent hair drops.

Since I've become accustomed to Barney coloured lilac hair, I thought it would only be right to share my first impressions of using these drops in the shade "Purple". 

Barney Hair using Crazy Colour in Lavender
See the video below of my own version of a cringey TikTok hair video, to see my first impressions in action...

@_too_far_tony_ These hair drops are so cute 😍 ##hairdye ##haircolour ##fyp @thegypsyshrine
♬ original sound - edits.a.r

I started by adding conditioner and a good squirt of hair drops and mixed until it looked like an ideal shade. What's great about these drops is the ability to choose the shade you want by adding more or fewer drops. You'll need to make sure you have plenty of conditioner on hand for this and if you have longer hair, add more

I loved the silicone bowl and applicator that came with the set as it made it super easy to see how much to mix and to apply. It would be good if they sold the drops separately, as I can't imagine I would need another bowl when this runs out and it would be great to save some money without having the mixing bowl included. Make sure you wear some gloves to prevent some questionable looking stains on your hands. 

SHRINE Drop It in Purple - £12.99
I left the mixture on for 20 minutes instead of the recommended 10 minutes, as I didn't think that sounded long enough considering I usually leave my semi-permanent dye for 30 minutes. 

I usually use Crazy Colour dye in "Lavender" and I don't dilute it at all, as I find when you start mixing conditioner it doesn't take very well. 

I think I could have added a few more drops to make the colour more vibrant, but I was in love with the pastel lilac result I got - the video really doesn't do the shade justice. 


I think my favourite part of the drops is the colour, it's a beautiful shade of purple and I like it a lot more than my usual Crazy Colour shade. I guess the only downside to the product is that it didn't last too long before washing out, but I could have added more drops for it to last longer. 

What I think is great is that you can mix together your own "purple shampoo" with these drops, to help in between washes to keep the colour vibrant. The flexibility is really unique for a hair dye product and what I imagine has made these drops so popular. 

These drops might not be as cheap as what I usually use, however, you can get quite a few uses out of the bottle and it is a really cute set - not to mention the amazing shades available

I can't wait to use these drops again and potentially try out the pink drops if they ever come back in stock! 

Love Rebecca Ashley x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig