Wednesday 13 May 2020

REVOLUTION PRO CC PERFECTING FOUNDATION REVIEW: IT COSMETICS DUPE?


Hey guys! So I've wanted to try the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream, since the old days of beauty guru youtube, when it seemed to be the only foundation people raved about. However, at the time it was quite hard to find the product in the UK and it slowly drifted into the back of my mind when other foundations took over the beauty world. 

So, I was so excited to see that Revolution Pro had come out with the CC Perfecting Foundation, which looks suspiciously similar to the famous It Cosmetic one - and we all know Revolution is the queen of dupes. I thought I'd share my thoughts on this cruelty-free foundation and whether it lives up to the hype. 

More about me

Now before we begin the review, its best to know exactly what I am dealing with, as foundations respond differently to every skin type. If you have read my blog for a while, you'd know I used to have dry/normal skin, but recently my skin has changed a lot - meaning my preference has also changed. 

My skin type is combination & blemish-prone with some redness, so I have to make sure my foundation choice can cope with oil production, as well as dry skin patches - whilst covering up and spots & redness, yikes

Revolution Pro CC Perfecting Foundation SPF30 - £10.00
Packaging

I really like the style of the bottle & pump on this foundation. It's nice and easy to fit into a makeup bag but still has a convenient pump to stop things from getting messy. Although I prefer the silver design on the IT cosmetics version, the packaging on the Reolvution dupe is pretty cute and clearly resembles the foundation it is inspired by. 

However, when you start to use the product, it feels like there is a lot of air inside and not a lot of product. If you check the bottle, you'd see Revolution gives you only 26ml, instead of the standard 30ml. Although it is very reasonably priced at £10, just be aware that it may run out quicker than expected. 

Shade Selection

I bought the shade F6.5 for my natural skin tone, after watching a review from sophdoeslife and seeing how light the shades are. This is described as "for light/medium skin tones with a yellow undertone" which I would agree with. I usually buy shades F6 in other revolution foundations and this shade is similar. Shades run on the light side, but it seems to oxidize ever so slightly after application.

Application

I tried this foundation with a brush and a sponge and the best finish I could get is with a sponge. It's a thick formula, so using a sponge helps it sink into your skin and look less cakey. I use two pumps to cover my whole face and to build on any areas which might need extra coverage.

Formula & Finish

It's quite hard to blend - especially just using a brush. I've used this a couple of times now and I find it can break up and look a little weird on certain areas of my skin - especially on my dry areas. It looks a bit cakey to begin with, but after a few minutes, it starts to warm up to my skin and sink in.


Photo of the foundation applied to my skin
I'd describe the coverage as medium-full and covered well. The finish was surprisingly matte, as I expected a product like this to be a lot dewier. It looks nice when it has had a chance to settle, but after a few hours of wear, my oily spots look very shiny and the foundation starts to further separate on my skin.

The reason I wanted to try this product is because of the skincare benefits and SPF30, but to be honest, I don't think this foundation agrees with my skin and I break out after using it. I think if you have normal, unproblematic skin with not a lot of texture this would look really nice, but for me, I'd give it a pass.

Pricing

This foundation is really affordable at £10, but personally, I think Revolution make a lot better foundations. However, if you want to try it out, it won't break the bank!

Overview

My Shade: F6.5 (Light with yellow undertones)
Shade Selection: 20 shades
Coverage: Medium-full
Price: £10
Finish: Matte, but becomes dewy throughout the day
Overall rating: 5/10
Cruelty-free: Yes!
Lasting Power: 5/10

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig