Wednesday 18 January 2017

Testing Too Faced: Born This Way Foundation and Hangover Primer


Hey guys! So recently I picked up the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Light Beige and the Hangover Replenishing Primer to match. I've been looking for another holy-grail foundation because I've been obsessed with the Urban Decay Naked Skin for ages. But naturally, as a blogger, I'm always intrigued to try out more and more products. Everyone raves about these two products and they are seen all over Instagram. Too Faced is a cruelty free, high-end brand and I am really excited to try more of their products. I want to see whether this foundation lives up to the legend, just from my first impressions of the products. 

More About Me

So, if you are new to my blog, I always start these kinda posts with some more information about me and my skin type. It's important to note that everyone has different opinions on products and different foundations work well for different skin types. 

I have sensitive, normal/dry skin and also experience some redness. I like foundations that leave my skin feeling some what hydrated and have a healthy looking finish (not too matte because I tend to look dehydrated). Also, I like a foundation that is not going to stick to dry patches and also doesn't wear off and get oily quickly. I tend to like medium-full coverage that is build-able. I fake tan, so the shade I've picked is to match my tanned shade. 

Delivery

You can get Too Faced products from Debenhams in the UK. I ordered mine online and received free standard delivery and some points on my beauty card. I matched my shade using online shade matching websites. The delivery was actually much faster then expected. I ordered on a weekend and did not expect it to come till next Friday, but it was delivered Monday morning! I would use Debenhams online to order makeup again. 

Packaging

I'm sure everyone loves Too Faced packaging! I love the foundation bottle because it looks beautiful on my desk. Both items have a pump, which is super easy to control and is hygienic. I used around 1 pump of the primer. I used 2 pumps on the foundation then an extra half pump to see if it was build-able. 
Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer - RRP £27.00
Primer

So after my skin care routine, I added around 1 pump of the primer to my face. Because I hadn't used this product before, it took a few pumps to get product out. I might of pumped out a little more then expected, so I probably used a tad too much. It felt really hydrating - which is great for my dry skin. Instantly, I got a whiff of the coconut scent - which I personally like. As I was blending, it started to become tacky. This is good because it means that the foundation will stick better to it. Overall, it seemed pretty nice and almost like an added skin care step. I need a few more uses to decide my full opinion, but first impressions are great. 
Too Faced Born This Way Liquid Foundation (Light Beige) - RRP £29.00
Foundation

So as mentioned, I used 2 pumps, then half a pump to fully build coverage. I used my beauty blender to blend the product in. Instantly, I noticed it had a nice medium-full coverage and it was covering any redness and imperfections. The shade was pretty good match to my fake tan, so I was so happy. It blended so easily - this may or may not of been helped by the primer. Nevertheless, both products seem to be working well together. I then added a few more dots of product over my nose and cheeks - where I generally need coverage the most. It builded up lovely and my face looked pretty flawless. I would say it was a demi-matte sort of finish and it just looked amazing on my skin. Even though it was pretty full coverage, I would say it still looked natural and not like I was wearing much foundation at all. First impressions are that it seems to be amazing. 


Foundation after 6 hours wear time

After 6 Hours Wear Time

After 6 hours I did a check up. My foundation still looked flawless and I had actually been complimented on my skin during the day. My contour and highlight were still visible and they blended lovely on top when I applied them.  I have to say, I am Really impressed, this is probably one of the best first impressions I've ever had on a product! I would say it would be great for nights out when you want long lasting and full coverage. The primer and foundation seem to be working well together and my skin still feels hydrated with no dry patches. Overall I am super impressed and will continue testing the two products throughout the month. I will give you an update in another blog post! 

Love Rebecca Ashley x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig