Saturday 12 August 2017

The Best Cruelty Free Moisturiser Ever!? Antipodes Review



Hey guys! So I've been on a mission to find some of the best cruelty free skincare on the market and I think I've finally found something perfect. I've been trialling the Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream ever since my last cruelty free haul. (SPOILER ALERT) lets just say, I am in love. This is actually a very highly talked about product in the beauty world, so I did have somewhat high expectations. Nevertheless, I have really enjoyed using this product. To find out why, carry on reading! 

More About My Skin

So before I crack on to the full review I want to just tell you about my skin & my needs. Skincare is very personal and what works for you depends very much on your skin type. I have dry/sensitive skin that is prone to redness. I like a day cream that keeps me moisturised all day and shows a visible difference to my dehydration . So what I am saying is that if you are oily, you may not love this product the same way I do. 

RRP £29.99 (feelunique.com)


What Does the Product Promise? (Taken from Feelunique)

  • A light but intensive hydrating cream that feels beautifully fresh and alive on your face.
  • Containing 100% pure avocado pear oil with Vitamins A, B, C, E as well as chlorophyll and Omegas 3, 6 and 9 - all excellent antioxidants - this incredibly moisturising and nourishing Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream will see you through each and every day with radiance.
  • African karite butter glides the creamy texture of Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream on to your skin, and keeps it supple and protected. 
  • It's easily absorbed by the skin for maximum hydration thanks to an extract from Spanish olives, squalane; a unique moisturising agent with a high affinity to your skin's own oils. 
  • Also includes manuka honey, used for centuries by indigenous Maori women to soothe and nourish skin, and an antioxidant-rich extract from the leaf of the native New Zealand plant kawakawa.

My Thoughts On the Product

OK, so that is a lot of claims and facts to live up to. However, you can really tell the quality difference between this and products like The Body Shop Review I recently did. All the different ingredients have been added for specific reasons and they are all very natural (which works well with my sensitive skin).

The product smells like an actual dream. I think it's important for skincare to smell good because it adds to the whole experience of using it. 


The texture of the cream is very smooth and thick, but still quickly absorbs so that it is easy to use under makeup. It has some antibacterial ingredients, Manuka Honey being one. I've actually noticed since I have been using this I have gotten less spots, which I think is due to the antibacterial properties! I've also notice my redness not being as noticeable as usual. 

So all in all, I am pretty much in love with this product. Even my mum loves it! If you are interested in trying this product, I would recommend buying it off Feelunique as you get a 'Try Me' sample to see if it's something you'd like to keep. You also can use student discount. I know I will be repurchasing this as soon as it runs out and will be trying more from the cruelty free brand Antipodes! 

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig