Tuesday 18 April 2017

Best and Worst Makeup Wipes


Hey guys! Not going to lie, lately I've been super lazy with my skincare routine. Sometimes you just can't be bothered with the long routine all the time. So I've found my appreciation for makeup wipes again and have tried a few different ones out. I thought I'd share my opinions on some of the best/worst ones on the market. So at least if we are being lazy with our skin, we can at least use the best lazy products, right? 

Contestant number 1 - Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes (25pk)

Overall Rating: 9/10
Cruelty free: NO
Price: £3.25 (but normally on offer for cheaper)
Accessibility: 10/10

So we've probably all used Simple wipes in our time, they are basically the cult classic of the wipe world. And to be honest, they are a classic for a reason, they are very effective at their job and are very easy to buy anywhere. My main problem with these are that they are not cruelty free. So if I have the choice, I would still opt for a cruelty free contestant, but if there are no others available then these would probably be second best. They are also normally on offer, but if you buy them at full price they are pretty expensive. They leave your skin feeling pretty moisturised, which can be a big problem for me as I am a dry-skin gal. Overall, these are a pretty safe bet. 

Contestant number 2 - Johnson's Make Up Be Gone Refreshing Wipes (25pk)

Overall Rating: 9/10
Cruelty Free: NO
Price: £3.05 (but normally on offer for cheaper)
Accessibility: 9/10

So the second contestant is the ever-so-famous Johnson's wipes. I feel like most people either get Simple or they get Johnson's, depending on which ones cheaper at the time. These preform very similar to the Simple ones and also leave the skin feeling fairly moisturised. But again, the main problem here is that they are not cruelty free. I would say I slightly prefer these to the Simple ones, but there isn't much between them both. I would just pick which ever is cheaper at the time. 

Contestant number 3 - B. Pure Sensitive Micellar Cleansing Wipes (25pk)
Overall Rating: 10/10
Cruelty Free: YES
Price: £2.99 (Usually on offer for less than £2)
Accessibility: 6/10

These are by far my favourite makeup wipes I've tried. Not only are they cruelty free and vegan, they are usually cheaper then most wipes on the market. They also have great packaging, as it clips shut making sure that your wipes do not dry out. 100% recommend these to anyone. The main concern here is that they are a Superdrug brand, therefore you can only buy from Superdrug stores. I like to stock up when I can with these. 

Contestant number 4 - Olay Facial Cleansing Resealable Pouch Normal 20 Wipes
Overall Rating: 0/10
Cruelty Free: NO
Price: £2.99
Accessibility: 7/10

100% the worst makeup wipes I've ever used, to the point that they are unusable. I bought these because they was on offer once in Tesco, but I would never buy them again. When I went to take my makeup off they literally burned my eyes and made them sting and water. I tried them twice and after the second use I decided to just throw them away. There are better ones on the market. 

Contestant number 5 - Primark PS Argan Facial Cleansing Wipes for Dry Skin (Twin Pack, 25 per pk)
Overall Rating: 7/10
Cruelty Free: YES
Price: Twin Pack £1.00
Accessibility: 6/10

The last contestant is actually the newest to me. I picked up these wipes recently because I had ran out and needed some more ASAP. Primark literally have a massive variety to choose from but I chose the Argan ones as they are for "dry skin" and I've always been a fan of Argan Oil. These are super cheap, making them 50p a pack!! The quality of the actual wipe is not as good as the rest, as after rubbing it starts to break. However, the formula of the wipe is actually really nice and doesn't leave the skin too dehydrated. They smell really nice, really reminds me of my childhood for some reason? But these are pretty good if you are on a budget, plus they are cruelty free! However, you can only get them from Primark. 

I hope my little reviews gave you some insight into some of the best/worst makeup wipes on the market. Let me know if you know of any that aren't on this list and are really good. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I adore the Primark face wipes so much. Always have and always will! Great post, my love! I found this really useful and I now really want to try out the Simple wipes! Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was really impressed by them! Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post it's so helpful! I usually just stick to my Nivea or Simple wipes but might have to try a few more out haha!
    Abbey X littlebitofabbey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can these wipes be used to remove eye make up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article! Thanks for sharing I have used Refresh wipes and I must say, they are a great relief when outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig