Sunday 16 October 2016

Nina Nesbitt: The Wardrobe, Leeds



Hey guys! So last Monday I went to see one of my favourites, Nina Nesbitt, perform live at the Wardrobe. Not sure if this is the 4th or 5th time I've seen her? It's sort of turned into a tradition with me and Chloe every time she tours - Any way, she is literally the best. This was part of her Life In Colour Project tour - the EP is now available on iTunes. I thought I would share some pictures and thoughts about the gig. I have some videos but I'm not going to include them in this post because I don't have permission to upload them! Honestly though, if you ever get the opportunity to see her live I would totally recommend. 



Support Acts

Nina had two support acts - Tommy Ashby and Orla Gartland. They literally made the ticket worth every penny. Most of the time, people can be disinterested in support acts, but Nina always has amazing ones. 


This is the second time I've seen Tommy Ashby support Nina and ever since I've been a big fan! His music is so relaxing and emotional. His first single has just been realised to iTunes and Spotify so please go check it out! 


The second support act, Orla Gartland, I was completely blown away with. This is the first time I've seen her and I know I will be seeing her again. She's funny and relatable, as well as being a talented performer. Her EP is available on iTunes and Spotify.



Nina Nesbitt

The main concentration for this gig was the Life in Colour project. I love that she got fans to send her stories in for her to turn into songs. It creates a personal relationship between her and her fans. She brought the Nightwatch studio with her (this is where she made all of these songs) and I generally think these songs sound even better live! She played a few of her old tracks, which I will always love. Then she gave us a sneak peak of a few of her newer ones and now I'm so excited for her 2nd album to be realised! I love the new sound she's going for - so keep your eyes out for that! Overall, I enjoyed seeing her again and I know for a fact I'll be seeing her in the future. 



Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig