Tuesday 11 August 2015

Urban Decay Naked 1: Eyeshadow Tutorial



The Urban Decay Naked 1 Eyeshadow Palette is one of my favourite natural eyeshadow palettes I own. It is a cult classic for a good reason. The eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented and buttery. There is a good selection of shadows to chose from to create many different eye looks. After owning this palette for a good few years I have found a few looks that I like to wear often. This is probably one of my favourite eye looks at the moment, it can be done more subtle for everyday use or smoked up for a more intense look. Basically, I'm going to explain how I do this eye look so you can recreate it at home. There are many other palettes and eyeshadows that are similar to the ones I am using, so feel free to use different ones to recreate this look. 


Step 1: Prime your eyelids! This will help your eyeshadow to last longer and will increase the intensity of the shadows. Today I used a combination of the Urban Decay Primer Potion (this palette comes with a free sample of this) and Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze (the Mac Paint Pots also work well for this.)

Step 2: Take a fluffy brush (I use Mac 221) and blend the shade Buck into and above the crease. This will be your blending shade.

Step 3: Press the shade Half Baked (either with your fingertip or a flat topped brush) all over the lid. I use my finger tips to do this as I find it gives the best coverage. 

Step 4: Go back into the blending shade (Buck) and blend it into the crease again to blend the two colours together. 

Step 5: Take the shade Hustle and blend it into your outer V with a fluffy brush (I used the same Mac 221). 

Step 6: Press Virgin into the inner corners of your eyes and your brow bone. (I used my fingers to do this but a flat brush would work  well also.

Step 7: Go back and blend everything in with a clean fluffy brush (or wipe any access off the original fluffy brush you used.) Go back in with any colours you think you want to intensify. At this point I usually go back in with Half Baked on the lid to make sure it stands out. 

Step 8: Take the shade hustle on a pointed brush and line your lower lash line to balance the look. 

Step 9: Finally, add a cat-eye with liquid liner (I used the Loreal Superstar Liner) and add a bit of mascara (I used YSL Babydoll.) Use falsies if you want a more intense look. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig