Sunday 2 August 2015

My Travel Skincare Bag


Clear bag from Boots £5 
So recently I went on a overnight trip to Hoar Cross Hall Spa and I thought I would share with you what skincare products I took. This is generally what I take on trips away. Hopefully this will be useful as it could give you some ideas what to pack with you on your trips and holidays! The bag I carry it all in is from Boots in their travel section (it comes with a travel set). It is perfect for me as it is small and fits everything I need in it. My skin type is normal/dry so all these products are geared towards this skin type. All prices I list will be for full size products.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish £14
So the first thing I packed was my cleanser. This is a sample size I was given free with an order from the Liz Earle website. I also bought a cloth to use with the cleanser. This is my favourite ever cleanser (I have the big 200ml version in my bathroom.) It makes my skin feel really soft and I've noticed my skin looks less red and irritated after I use it. I use it first to take my makeup off, then secondly to give my skin a cleanse. This was important on my trip as the detox rooms (sauna, steam room etc.) opened my pores up increasing the likeness of spots appearing. This is honestly the best cleanser I have ever used and I will always repurchase it! 

Lancome Toner £23
My second step in my skincare routine is to use a toner. This will restore my PH Levels after cleansing my face (personally I find this step refreshing and relaxing.) I just put a few drops of this on a cotton pad and swiped it all over my face. This is a sample size I received free with a Lancome purchase. It is a nice formula and I always take this one away with me on trips. I don't think I would be bothered about repurchasing the big version because of the price, however, I have enjoyed using this smaller sample. 

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser £20.25 
I decided to take 2 moisturisers as my skin changes depending on the environment I'm in.  This is the first one I took, which I use as my every day moisturiser. It works best for when my skin is more on the dry side. I didn't take an SPF with me just because I was going to be indoors for the duration of the trip but I would recommend using one if your going to go outdoors. This product is full size and purchased from the Liz Earle website. I like using this as the smell makes me feel relaxed and calm. It is one of the best ones I have used, but when I run out I don't think I will be repurchasing it just because I like to try other brands and products. 

Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser £24
This is the second moisturiser I decided to take with me. This is a sample size I got from a Sephora when I visited New York. This is better for days when my skin is feeling more oily and the Liz Earle moisturiser is a bit too heavy. I need to take both as I mentioned previously, my skin goes crazy when taken out it's natural environment. I love the smell of this! It is kind of orange-y and zesty which really wakes and energises the skin when applied. I really like the way this performs on my skin for more oily days. Only problem with this product for me is that it is not hydrating enough for my skin on a every day basis. 

Origins GinZing Eye Cream £20
The last step in my skincare routine is to moisturise my under eyes. This is also a sample size I got at the same time as the Origins moisturiser. This is possibly my favourite day time eye cream I have tried as it really wakens and de-puffs my under eyes in a morning. I think the pink consistency helps to counteract the darkness of my under eyes. I am not as keen on this for a night time use because, like the moisturiser, I don't find it hydrating enough. However, I think I will be buying the big version of this when I use it all up (but the small version has lasted me forever so I would recommend trying this size if you can get it.)

They are all the products I took away with me for my trip to the spa. It may seem a little excessive to some, or to others too minimal. However, this is similar to what I use on an everyday basis. I don't like to change my routine too drastically when I go away as my skin would react to the change. I apologise for using high end products but I find my skin reacts much better to luxury products than drugstore (with a few exceptions.) Hopefully this gives you some ideas what to put in your travel makeup bag, or just gives a few ideas for product recommendations. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig