Saturday 30 January 2016

New Makeup Haul

Recently I have bought or received a few makeup items and I thought I would do a mini haul. Some of these I've already tried out so I can give a mini review.


Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette £40
This is one of the most exiting things I've bought, it was kind of an impulse buy but I've been lusting after it for a while. This palette is in collaboration with Gwen Stefani. They also have a few other makeup items in the collection and I got a tester for some of the lipsticks free with this palette. This is actually quite different to ones I own as there are some unique shades. All the shadows are well pigmented and blend-able. I will do a full review after a few more uses. 



Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette £38
My boyfriend bought me this as part of my Christmas present and I've been wanting it ever since it was first announced. I already own majority of the Naked Eyeshadow Palette's so I really wanted this one to add to my collection. This is unique to the other 3 as it contains perfect shadows for different types of smokey eyes. Although it's a smokey palette, I feel like there are still a lot of natural shades that can be used to create an everyday look. 



Freedom Pro Powder Strobe Palette with Brush £10
So I came across this brand after watching some dupe videos on YouTube and it appears they have a lot of products in their line that are similar to some highly rated products. This particular palette is said to be a dupe of the Anastasia Beverly Hill's Contour Kit. I wanted a contour kit but didn't really want to pay a lot because I'm not sure if I'll use it much. I liked how this one came with a brush and how it was so budget friendly. 

Freedom Pro Brow Pomade in Medium Brown £5
This is meant to be a dupe of the Anastasia Beverly Hill's DipBrow Pomade. I was surprised to see on the website all the shade names are exactly the same and the swatches of this colour are very true to the actual colour. So far I'm really impressed with this product but I haven't tried the Anastasia version so I can't really comment whether it's a dupe or not. 

Lancome Hypnose Mascara £22.50
This was a present from my parents for Christmas. The bottle is so pretty and the wand has an interesting shape. I was surprised how well this mascara works on my lashes and I actually love it. It really gives a lot of volume and the weird wand actually makes it easier to grab the top lashes. 

MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick £15.50
I've wanted this shade for a while and it was given to me for Christmas from my uncle and his family. It's the perfect Kylie Jenner nude. The matte texture means it stays on for a while. I really love this lipstick. 

MAC Lip Pencil in Spice £12.50
I was given this along with the MAC lipstick. This colour matches nicely with Velvet Teddy and helps it stay longer on the lips. The two combined are my favourite lip combo. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig