Wednesday 29 March 2017

Makeup Tutorial: Morphe 35O Copper Smokey Eye


Hey guys! So I thought I would share a little tutorial of how I do one of my favourite eye looks with the Morphe 35O eyeshadow palette. I absolutely love this palette (as you probably can tell with all the MOTD's I've used it for). If you're looking for an all round palette, I would really recommend it. Anyhow, I will show you how I do my favourite copper smokey eye. It is perfect for going out with a pair of lashes, but it can still be toned down for everyday without!


Lip Colour - Kat Von D Double Dare Liquid Lip

Tutorial
1. Prime your eyes to prevent the eyeshadow from wearing off and to help make the colours stand out. This is optional, but I find that it can really help make the shadows last longer and not crease. I've used the Makeup Revolution Eye Primer for this step. 

(Tip - Apply sellotape from the corner of your eye to your eyebrow to give a clean eyeshadow line. It also is really handy for applying liquid liner!)

2. Set the primer with shade 1 from the Morphe palette. I used an angled blender brush to sweep this shade all over my lid. This will set the primer down so the shadows will blend and give a nice base for the colours to go on to. 

3. Blend the shades 2, 3 and 4 into the crease of your eye using a fluffy blending brush. These act as a transition shade to give a shadow to the eye. Shade 3 is key as the orange really helps add to the overall look of the copper. 

4. Now for the main event, apply shade 5 all over the lid of your eye. I use my finger to do this as I find it gives the best colour payoff! 

5. To make the eye more smokey we need to add a darker shade. Take shade 6 and apply it to the outer-corners of your eye and a little in the crease. Keep adding layers until you get the desired smokey-ness. 

6. Apply shade 7 to the inner corners of your eye. This gives you a nice highlight and makes your eyes appear bigger and brighter. 

7. Get a clean fluffy blending brush and blend all the eyeshadow. This makes sure that there are no harsh lines and so everything looks blended. 

8. Apply winged liquid eyeliner. I used Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. This really helps to disguise your lash band if you decide to wear lashes. (Take the sellotape off at this point if you decided to use it.)

9. Apply a kohl liner to the water line and tight line. This intensifies the look even further and adds to the smokey-ness. I used an MUA one. 

10. Take shade 8 and 6 and blend it on the lower lash line. I used a small blending brush. This really adds to the look. 

11. Apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes. I used Liz Earle Lash Definition Smudge Proof Mascara. 

12. Lastly, add your favourite lashes. I used House of Lashes in Iconic. These really change the look and make it look very night time appropriate because of the thickness and length. 



Hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial & let me know if you recreate it or if you have any favourite looks using this palette! 

Morphe 35O Review

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig