Sunday 28 August 2016

FOUNDATION REVIEW: Urban Decay Naked Skin

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (4.0)
Hey guys! Today I have a foundation review for you. I've had this foundation for a considerable amount of time and now I feel confident that I can give an in-deph review (to the point where I've nearly used it all up!) I was matched to the shade 4.0 when in Debenhams, Meadow Hall (my fake tan shade). I wanted to try this for a long time because Urabn Decay is one of my favourite makeup brands and I've loved everything I've tried from them (plus they are cruelty free.) 

More About Me
First, I want to let you guys know what my skin is like and what my usual preferences are for foundations. If you have a different skin type to me or have different preferences you may have a completely different opinion of this foundation. 

I have normal/dry skin which is very sensitive. I can also get some redness. I tend to like foundations that give some kind of hydration or have a more dewy finish because dryer formulas can stick to my dry patches. I generally like a medium/full coverage which is build-able. 

Packaging
First off, I love the packaging of this foundation, lets be honest, Urban Decay slays their packaging game. It looks as expensive as it is. It has a pump which makes it so much easier to distribute the product. I tend to use 2 pumps for my face. 

Application
I've tried applying this product in loads of different ways, but my favourite way to apply it is with a Beauty Blender. It just gives it a slightly nicer, more luminous finish then what you can get with a brush. You have to shake the bottle before pumping the product out. It is a very runny formula but has a good medium coverage. You can build it up to get a fuller coverage. Other products blend well on top, but I would suggest not too go too heavy on the powder if you have dry skin. 

Preview of the Foundation on my Skin
Formula and Finish
I would say it is a natural looking finish, described as demi matte. Normally I prefer glowy foundations but this foundation just looks very natural on the skin, almost like you aren't wearing anything. 

I have to admit, if my skin is feeling particularly dry it can start to drag around my dry patches, so on those days it is important to pair it with a more hydrating primer. 

Probably one of my favourite qualities of this foundation is that it actually does feel 'weightless' on the skin. Sometimes I have actually forgot I am wearing foundation! I hate the feel of heavy makeup so this is a bonus. 

Because I have sensitive skin, I normally find a lot of foundations can break me out. This one has never broke me out so I would suggest this is a good option for those of you who have sensitive skin. It says it is 'paraben free' and has some skin care benefits. It contains SPF which is good for sun protection. I have not noticed it having any major flashback. 

It lasts quite well on the skin, I personally like wearing this foundation when I'm going out and I've never noticed it fading really quickly. 

Shade Selection
I have the shade 4.0 which suits me when I'm tanned. The shade selection is great for this product as it comes in .0 which have more yellow tones and .5 which are more nurtural. There are 18 shades to chose from, meaning there should be a shade to suit most people.

Pricing
Urban Decay is a high-end brand so as expected this foundation has a more expensive price tag. The foundation costs £27 which is on the higher end, but is still not the most expensive. Most high end foundations are sold for around £30. I personally think it is worth the money and I would re-purchase this foundation when I run out. If you have the same skin type and preferences as me I would recommend trying this foundation out. It has totally become one of my favourites at the moment!

Overview
My Shade: 4.0 (fake-tan shade, light-medium with yellow undertones)
Shade Selection: 18
Coverage: Medium build-able
Price: £27
Finish: Demi-Matte
Cruelty Free: Yes (and Vegan)
Lasting Power: 8/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig