Sunday 23 August 2015

Summer Cottage Holiday: North York Moors

Scarborough Harbour 
So the past week myself, Ryan (my boyfriend), my Mum, my Step Dad and Jep (my dog) all went away for a cottage holiday in the North York Moors. Later on in the week both my Aunties came up to visit for a few days too. We stayed in a lovely cottage in West Ayton, which is 4 miles from Scarborough. The cottage was lovely and cosy situated on a non-working farm down a private road (so relaxing!) Although, it took us 40 minutes to walk down to the nearest pub, it was lovely to get away somewhere away from the stresses of everyday life. As much as the places we visited were beautiful, most of all I loved just spending some quality time with the people I love (so soppy.)

Scarborough

Scarborough was the first place we visited on our holiday (except the pub in West Ayton of course.) We went there 3 times in total, including one time just me and Ryan for a cute day date. I actually thought that the place had gotten a bit run down since last time I visited around 2 years ago. Either way, we had a lovely time. On the first visit we went to the beach front and had a walk around the pier. Afterwards, we had a meal at the Italian Ask on the beach front which was so good (I had a pepperoni pizza, which was to die for.)


Scarborough Harbour
The second time we visited was for mine and Ryan's date day. We went shopping, had some tasty food from a fish and chip shop and went to a pub to play pool and eat chocolate cake (because why the hell not!)

Big Wheel
The third time we visited was on our last day. Me and Ryan split off from my parents and had a walk in some really cool shops and met everyone back in the pub. That night we went to a lovely pub/restaurant in a village just past West Ayton which was delicious. It was cute because someone was having a wedding reception in the same place so it had a lively and happy atmosphere. 

Scarborough Castle
Whitby

One of the days we went to visit Whitby whilst my Auntie's were visiting us. Whitby was my favourite place we visited whilst we was away as it's such a pretty place. I also love all the Dracula references (obviously because it's such a great book!) 

Whitby
First thing we did was find the "Best Fish and Chip Shop 2014" and had some Lunch. If I'm honest I thought the chippy down the road from where I live were better (shout out to Sunnydale Chippy). But, that is probably because I don't eat fish since everyone else said it was the best they ever had. 

Whitby's Seagulls (Plotting to steal my chips)
I have to admit though, the worst part of going to the seaside are the annoying seagulls. I can't eat my chips in peace or walk down the path without thinking a seagull is going to bomb me! Literally no one else seemed that bothered but these birds make me majorly anxious and should be put in room 101. At least they make cool photos. 




Filey

The last place I'm going to talk about where we visited is Filey. I had never been here before. There is just something about this place that is so peaceful. There isn't much to do there, but it's a beautiful beach and has a very relaxing atmosphere.

Filey Beach
I have to admit, Filey has the best amusements of all the places we visited. Ryan won me a Ted (from the movie) from a grabby machine which everyone else was pissed about because no one else could win one. It also has the best air hockey table ever, there was 4 rounds that go to 10 points so it lasted ages, as well 2 pucks going around at the same time. Much more generous then the other amusements! 

Filey Beach
Me and Ryan shared some seaside donuts (which if you know me well you know they are basically the best things in the world to me.) Honestly, I will never understand how seaside donuts taste x10 better than any other kind of donuts!? Need to get myself a donut robot. 

Me and Ryan (Took at Filey) 

If you are looking for somewhere to visit in England this place is ideal because there are lots of places to visit situated around the place we stayed. Overall, the holiday was probably one of my favourites, mostly due to the company I had with me. 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig