Thursday 18 October 2018

WHY BEING AN "AVERAGE" CLOTHING SIZE IS ANNOYING


Hey guys! Welcome back to the "Rebecca moans for 10 mins blog". Today I want to express my displeasure about being an "average" sized women. 

Now before you get it twisted, "average" doesn't really exist and all women are completely different. But if you had to fit me into a category, it would probably be this one.

So what I mean by "average" is like around the 12-16 size mark. Not Instagram size 8. Not beautiful curves size 18. Just somewhere in the middle really. The reason I say "average" is because I feel like a lot of women fit in this kind of size category. I myself am around a 12, but UK's average is 16. So basically, these are things I find annoying being in this "average" clothing size category. 

1. No stock

This is literally the reason why I am the queen of online shopping. Every time I go to the high street, I finally find something I think is cute.. but of course, there is none of my size left.

The thing is, a lot of women are around 12-14 size, so obviously these sizes sell out quicker. But its just annoying! If the sizes are always gone, maybe the retailers should stock more of these sizes? 

It's not just the high street that is guilty. So many times Asos has announced they are doing 20% off, so I go to my saved items with the intention of buying and behold... my size is sold out. Shocking. 

2. Being basically 4 different sizes on different parts of your body

Every woman is different. We all have different curves in different places. So obviously, half the time we aren't just one basic size. I find that I end up having to buy bigger sizes for my bottom half and smaller for my top for example.

It's like guesswork. Will a size 12 fit my booty in? But a 14 might be too big on the legs? 

3. Not to mention inconsistency of brands

To make this whole "figuring your size" thing out harder, even brands can't decide what is really a size 12 or 16. One min your shopping on Missguided and fitting in size 10s, the next minute you're in Topshop trying on a size 16. 

This really isn't great for our self-esteem either. Brands should just decide what sizes are what and be done with it. Best thing to do is ignore the number and concentrate on the fit. 

4. Everything is fucking cropped

The story of my life. You know when you see a cute top, you pick it up and realise its cropped? 

Like, a bit of crop here and there is fine but my body isn't really built for a nice crop top on a daily basis. So many missed opportunities and heartbreaks *sighs dramatically*. 

5. There is not many 'average sized' influencers/models

This is the most annoying part of living in the "Instagram generation". I love looking at all the influencer's outfits and how cute they look. But the problem is, a lot of the time these beautiful girls have a completely different build to me. So I feel like I wouldn't want to buy the same clothes as I have no idea how it will really look on me.

Pinterest is probably the worst for this. I want to use Pinterest to build ideas for my wardrobe, but it can be hard imagining what these clothes would like on someone a lil' curvier. 

It would just be nice to see a bit more variety that's all I'm saying - shoutout to @emmasrectangle for being the queen.

6. "Yeah that is so cute, just not on me"

Forever seeing cute clothes but thinking "it just won't look as nice on me". It's a daily struggle and so many cute clothes are denied attention because you think something like that won't suit you. 

7. Hello black jeans and baggy top

So instead you opt for the same usual attire. Yes, this is very comfy and can look pretty cute but secretly you want to be edgy as f*ck too and this just doesn't cut it. 

8. No one is one size

But the biggest and most important thing to remember is no one is exactly the same. We all have curves in different places and we need to rock it. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I feel you! I am a UK size 8 on top and a UK size 10 on the bottom, and while it doesn't sound like much difference I really struggle when it comes to dresses/jumpsuits. I have always been pear shaped and the second I put on weight it all goes to my hips, bum and thighs. I feel like curves are rarely taken into consideration, especially by the higher-end fashion labels. Its such a shame because they cater to a very small section of the population.

    www.glow-getter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig