Thursday 25 October 2018

8 SIGNS YOU'RE ADULTING


Hey guys. Today we are going to chat about "how you can tell you are adulting". I'm 21 if you didn't already know. Being 21 is a weird time. Some of your friends are engaged or with kids, some are still living at home. For me, 21 has been an introduction into an actual, somewhat adult life.

Now I'm not saying that I act like an adult all the time. In fact, I can pretty immature. But sometimes I'm like "wow, is this what being an adult is like?" So here I am, sharing these thoughts with you all today. 

1. Commenting on how you are impressed with household items

"Wow, our mop is amazing, look at how much it picked up!?" 

Admiring household objects is really a sign your becoming an adult, isn't it? You even have moments where you think "Jesus, I sound like my mum, but she was right about that whizz mop, it's great". 

2. You know what council tax is

This is something I've learnt recently. Who knew council tax was so expensive? I mean I pay it, but I'm not 100% sure what my money is actually doing. 

3. F*cking electric meters

I'm sorry but if you are reading an electric meter like a pro you defo have entered the grown-up club. This is still something I haven't quite mastered, due to the fact my electric meter was installed before B.C. 

4. "Sorry, I can't come out tonight, I have work at 9"

Oh, the work excuse. But instead, you are actually worried about how a hangover can affect your work. The sesh is no longer prioritised like it used to be. 

5. I'd rather just go to the pub

Nightclubs just don't have the same appeal now you pay council tax. You see all the 17-year-olds and freshers and it just makes you feel old. 

Plus, what happened to good old conversation? The pub doesn't bang music so loud that you can actually talk to people. 

6. When you sit in a room of younger people and cringe because you remember how cringey you were

The other day I had a funny experience with this exact same thing. I went to a house party and most the people there were a little younger than me, maybe in their second or first year at uni.

I sat and listened to these wild students communicate with each other. I sat and cringed to myself, thinking how embarrassing I was in this period of my life as well. Long story short, it made me feel old. 

7. I don't give a fuck what I look like

Gone are the days when I took 2 hours to get ready for something. 2 hours!! I used to sit for days making my makeup perfect and curling hair. 

It takes me about 10-15 mins to get ready for work now. Somehow, sleep seems more important than my appearance now. Don't get me wrong, I still like to dress up now and again but for the most part, I really don't give a f*ck. 

8. General moaning

I mean I think this one is a bit obvious. This whole post is literally me moaning. I am an adult. 

Hope you found this post somewhat amusing! Let me know your 'adulting experiences'. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig