Wednesday 24 January 2018

Worth The Hype? The Ordinary Coverage Foundation Review


Hey guys! So before I crack on with today's post, I just want to let you know I've finally made a Facebook page. If you want to give it a like and keep up to date with all my latest posts, just follow this link.

Now, a few months ago there was a swarm of YouTube video's and blog posts about the new foundation from The Ordinary blowing everyone's minds. The product in question is The Ordinary Coverage Foundation SPF 15 priced at only £5.95! I wanted to try it out ever since and I only just got my hands on it this month. Due to the huge popularity, I've been waiting until I can get it in a shade that would suit me. I thought I'd do a little review to let you know if it was worth all the hype. 

So I hate to disappoint, but I really do not like this product. I know, I am just as gutted to be writing this as you may be shocked reading this. But for some reason, this just does not work for me. I've tried it twice on its own now and both times led to the same result. 

So the main reason I hate this foundation is because of the way it sits on my skin. I have never come across a foundation this unflattering! It looked like it had gone patchy and it sticks to all my dry skin. The second time I tried it, I made sure to prep my skin so it was as smooth as possible. But again, it separated and stuck to all my dry patches. I actually just wanted to take it off straight away but I did my best to make it work. 

It works OK with some mixed with dewy foundations if I want it to be more of a matte finish. I've mixed it a few times with my LA Girl foundation and it works OK. But I didn't buy this foundation just for it to just be 'OK' mixing with others. If you have dry skin like me, maybe avoid it. However, if you have oily skin it might work a treat at staying matte all day. For me, it is just a no.

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig