Thursday 11 January 2018

The L'Oréal Group: Which Brands Test On Animals?


Hey guys! Sorry that I've been quiet lately but I've been super busy with my deadlines. But I am back and it is actually one of my deadlines that has inspired me to write this post. I want to update you all about which brands do and don't test on animals. 

As a reminder, a brand isn't cruelty free if they sell their products in China, as it is required by law. I'm going to do a series where I talk about a particular parent company and let you know which brands they own that are/are not cruelty free. I'll also be updating my main list of cruelty free brands soon, so keep your eyes pealed. 

L'Oréal is a parent company that own several brands. Some of these brands are cruelty free, some not. However, it is good to note that the company is not considered cruelty free as a group, because not all of their brands are cruelty free. 

Cruelty Free Brands: 
  • NYX Professional Makeup
  • Urban Decay
  • IT Cosmetics
  • Pureology
  • Decléor Paris
  • The Body Shop
Brands that test on animals: 

  • L'Oréal Paris
  • Garnier
  • Maybelline New York
  • Essie
  • Dark & Lovely
  • Magic Mask
  • Lancôme Paris
  • Yves Saint Laurent
  • Giorgio Armani
  • Kiehl’s
  • Biotherm
  • Ralph Lauren Fragrances
  • Shu Uemura
  • La Roche-Posay 
  • Vichy
  • SkinCeuticals
  • Roger & Gallet
  • Redken
  • Matrix
  • Kerastase 
  • Carita
  • L'Oréal Professional
  • Clarisonic
  • Viktor & Rolf
  • Diesel
  • Helena Rubinstein
  • Cacharel
  • Yue Sai
It is quite astonishing to see the amount of brands they own that do test on animals, compared to their cruelty free brands. However, some of their cruelty free brands are my favourites and I am so happy that they have made the ethical decision as a brand to stay cruelty free. I hoped this helped and enlightened a few of you. If you have any questions about animal testing feel free to leave a comment or contact me! 

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig