Sunday 29 October 2017

Honest Fenty Beauty Foundation Review


Hey guys! So Fenty Beauty has took over the Internet and ever since the launch the beauty community has been flooded with people's thoughts about the new products. You may be very sick of all the reviews about this foundation, however here I am to put my two-pence in about what I think to this new launch. Fenty Beauty is a cruelty free brand launched by Rhianna and I couldn't help myself but pick up one of the new products. 

More about me

So for reference, I have normal/dry dehydrated skin and suffer from some redness and sensitivity. Trying out a matte foundation was a bit of a plunge for me, as I normally stick to more hydrating and dewy looking formula's. Please remember that if you have a different skin type to me then your opinions on this product may be completely different to me!
Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Soft Matte Longwear Foundation Shade 240

Packaging

Well, RI RI is defo winning when it comes to the packaging. The whole line is packaged beautifully and I love the look she has gone for. The foundation bottle looks beautiful on my vanity and looks like a high-end product. 10/10 for me. 


Thoughts

So it's took me a while to come to a verdict about this foundation - and still, I am quite conflicted about my opinion. Overall, I like this product. It has nice coverage and lasts very well. 

However, there are drawbacks. The foundation does oxidise and it can look very orange even with fresh fake tan (I was shade matched at the counter.) It also only really works when my skin is being good and not too dry. It is quite hard to work with as it dries so quick so you have to work fast. Using 3 pumps and a brush works out the most efficiently. 

However, when you get used to the formulation of this foundation it can be wonderful. The skin looks so flawless. I would reserve the foundation mostly for nights out or when I need my skin to stay looking good. It can be a little too much for everyday use for my dry skin. It works well mixed with illuminating drops however, if you are worried it is too matte. 

My suggestion would be to try it out for yourself if you are really interested. However, it is not going to be my next 'holy grail' foundation, although I do enjoy it. 

I hope this review was helpful! Let me know what you think of the Fenty Beauty line. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. LOVE how honest this post is Rebecca. I've seen so many people rave about this foundation so great to get your opinion on it. I've heard it's vegan friendly so I might give it a go but it is pretty steep in price so we shall see :) Thanks for sharing xx Imogen

    www.imogenrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah it’s worth a try anyway to see what you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post. I LOVE honest reviews, and this one was brilliant. Thank you for such a wonderful review my love!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig