Sunday 30 July 2017

My Easy/Realistic Festival Makeup


Hey guys! So I've just come back from a weekend at Tramlines festival and thought I'd share my easy and realistic festival makeup. As much as a love a fun makeup look, sometimes its not actually practical for a festival (aka I don't have 10 hours spare or good lighting.) I also defo made the mistake of wearing lashes to Community Festival and had them peel off towards the end of the night. However, I still wanna make my makeup more fun then usual, because why the hell not? 



So the best way to get easy festival eye-makeup is by using bright colours, because when else do you get the excuse for a bright pink and blue eye? (Even though I have been known to wear a bright pink eye day-to-day because YOLO.) And the eye look really does not have to be difficult, you can spend as long or little as you like. Instead of blending the usual brown and orange tones in the crease, find a bright eyeshadow palette and start blending pinks and purples into the crease. I used the NYX Ultimate Brights Palette that I hauled fairly recently. Add a bit of shimmer and some blue to the lower lash line and you've got a festival makeup look which is quick and easy. 

I would suggest not to really bother with lashes because they are a bit of a pain to put on and more then likely will probably fall off before the end of the night (unless you just want some cute selfies). 



Now for the main part: a festival is not complete without some glitter. I prefer chunky glitter because it has the most impact. I got a set from New Look which came with 3 colours. Just get some Vaseline and pop it all over the area you want the glitter, as like a glue. Then grab the glitter of your choice and pile it on top. I liked to go for more then one colour so my glitter highlight had some depth. 

(Before my lashes started to peel off - yes, I got a little too excited for Catfish.)

And there you go, easy and realistic makeup you can where to a festival which can be done quickly and easily. You could even pick up some stick on jewels or temporary tattoos to make it more fun!

Love Rebecca Ashley x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig