Friday 27 January 2017

Hair Update & Journey


Hey guys! So I've recently had my hair dyed & cut and thought I would give a little update for anyone interested. My mum gave me a gift voucher for my favourite hairdressers so I could get it styled just how I wanted. So let's get into it!



My Journey 


So since I was around 16 I've been obsessed with ombre hair and have always tried to go for the look. When I was younger, I had a more subtle version of the look, but as I have gotten older I wanted a brighter, more noticeable version. The last time I had it done previous to this I let a friend dye it and it was much brighter, however it was still too warm toned for me. So I decided that if I was going to do it again, I would grow it out and start from scratch (this also gave my hair time to recover from any bleaching - the last hair dye was a bit harsh and made my hair go knotty a lot.)

My Hair

Once my old dye had fully grown out, I had my first ombre dye done. This was around September. It left a nice subtle look - similar to the first times I had dyed my hair. However, to get it brighter and more cool toned, it would take more than one go. My hairstyle is long, middle parting (all one length.) I like to use silver conditioner on the ends to encourage the hair to go more cool toned in between washes. 


Recently, I decided to continue my journey on getting ombre hair. This is around 3-4 months later from my first session. This gave my hair plenty of time to recover from any harsh colour. I had the same colour done to lighten the existing colour in my hair. I also decided to change my hair slightly, my giving some layers to my hair and cutting a bit of length off to give more body. The layers make the colour more noticeable and gives more bounce to the hair overall. I am really happy with the results from the second dye and the colour is much brighter and cool toned. 

My Hairdressers

Since I moved to Mansfield - we are talking way back in secondary school - I've been going to the same place. My Hairdressers is Mark Leeson in Mansfield. They have a lovely salon and give excellent customer service. I would recommend anyone in the area to try this place out. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig