Friday 25 November 2016

YouTube Made Me Buy It!


Hey guys! I bet you've all seen this post circulating around the Internet and I can definitely relate. If you don't already know, this is where I tell you all the products I've bought purely because You Tube has convinced me to! I love reading reviews online before I buy things - so I have quite a few in my list. 

1. Urban Decay Naked Smokey and Naked 3

So unlike the WHOLE of You Tube, I didn't buy my Naked One because of You Tube. I actually bought that from an airport when I was way younger, but that's another story. But You Tube have defo made me buy all my other Naked palettes. Technically, both were gifted to me, but I would have bought them otherwise. I love my Naked palettes and I'm glad You Tube made me buy them tbh. I would recommend them to anyone. 

2. Too Faced Chocolate Bar

The Too Faced palettes are much loved on the Internet and there is a reason why. I've actually been getting into this palette again recently, as it can be easy to forget about it in the mass of neutral palettes. The quality is just amazing on this though, so I would always recommend it! Sadly my packaging has been destroyed by travelling and has completely broken :(. So I don't really rate the packaging. Oh well, it still smells like chocolate. 

3. ABH Powder Contour Kit 

I really wanted this for ages because of You Tube and my friends were lovely enough to buy it me for my birthday! It is really good, however, there are other dupes out there that are nearly as good if you don't want to spend all the money! Check out my review of the Freedom dupe.

4. Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr - On and On Bronze

I remember watching Essiebutton and wanting this! It is quite nice as a base under eyeshadow, but I would of preferred a matte colour. Unfortunately, this is not cruelty free :(

5. DUO Lash Glue

A pretty simple purchase, but I didn't really realise you could buy lash glue until You Tube. I used to just use the crappy one you got free with the lashes. This is really good and last ages. 

6. Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

One of my first expensive foundations. I remember Zoella raving about it and I had to try it out myself. It is a lovely full coverage foundation, but I feel like when I wear this now my skin tends to get worse? The shade I have is way too light for me now, so I only really use it to lighten my foundations. It's still a lovely product but I don't think I'll repurchase it. 

7. The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer

The highlight queen of all highlights. EVERYONE bought this because of You Tube. There is a reason why, it's super glowy and gives a highlight to blind. I love it, but there is so many highlighters out now - affordable and high end! 

8. Rimmel Stay Matte

This was a cult classic on You Tube. It's an decent setting powder - but it's just a setting powder. I won't be buying again because it's not cruelty free and there are so many alternatives.

9. Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick and Spice Lip liner 

These are a pair to match. Everyone raves about this being one of the best Mac lipsticks and I agree. The shade is beautiful and I'm still looking for a cruelty free dupe - let me know if you know one!

10. Benefit Hoola Bronzer

This was my first expensive bronzer and it is the bomb. You can bronze and contour with this beauty! Oh why can't Benefit be cruelty free! :(.

11. LA Girl Pro Conceal

I feel like it was Shaaanxo who convinced me to get this. It is super affordable and amazing! I think this will be my go-to concealer for a long time now. 

12. Urban Decay Primer Potion

This is just a tester size, but it is a good primer. Tbh, it's the only primer I've really tried and it does help. There are loads more on the market now so I would probably try a different one next time.

13. Maybelline Brow Drama

Tanya Burr made me buy this. It's a good brow mascara, but it's basically run out and I need to find a cruelty free version. I'm not mad on brow mascaras, but they are nice now and then. 

Love Rebecca Ashley x
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig