Saturday 3 September 2016

GET THE LOOK: Glowy Every Day Makeup

Makeup
This is my glowy, everyday makeup look. I love wearing this makeup for chilled days out, especially in summer. Follow these steps to get the same makeup!

Step 1 - Base

Base Products
1. Prime the skin with a luminous primer. First I used Makeup Revolution's Aqua Priming Base. This hydrates the skin and leaves it tacky for the makeup to stick. Then I used Loreal's Lumi Magique Base (still looking for a cruelty free dupe). This Gives a lovely luminous glow. 

2. Apply foundation and concealer. I went for EX1 Invisiwear as it has dewy, natural coverage. I then concealed my under eyes and imperfections with Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer. 

3. Cream contour and highlight. For this I used the NYX Wonder Stick in Universal. This gives a natural looking contour to the skin. I used the dark shade on my contour area and around the outer perimeter of my face. I then used the highlight shade on my cheekbones, tip of the nose and cupids bow.

4. Set the base. Any translucent powder would work for this. I used Rimmel Stay Matte (trying to use it up before I purchase a cruelty free option.)

Step 2 - Contour, Bronze and Highlight

Contour, Bronze and Highlight Products
5. Bronze the skin. I really wanted a glowy base, so I used I Heart Makeup's Summer of Love Bronzer. This is perfect as it has a slight shimmer running through it.

7. Set your contour. This is completely optional as we used a cream contour. However, I like to set it to give it greater intensity and to help it last longer. I took the yellow shade (Banana) from the Anastasia Contour Kit and set my under eyes. I then took the middle contour shade (Fawn) and set my contour. 

8. Apply shit-tones of highlight. I used the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer to highlight my cheekbones, tip of nose, cupids bow and brow bone. 

Step 3 - Eyes, Brows and Lips

Eyes, Brows and Lip Products
9. Fill your brows in. I used Freedom's Brow Pomade in Dark Brown as it gives an intense but natural brow. 

10. Add eyeshadow. For this I used Urban Decay's Gwen Stafani Palette. I first used skimp all over the eye to give a base. I then buffed Anaheim and Zone into my crease with a blending brush to give some definition. I used Bathwater all over the lid to give some glow. I used Punk on the outer-v to intensify the crease. I then highlighted my inner corner and brow-bone with Blonde. Finally, I took some more of Zone and swept it on my lower lash line. 

11. Line the eyes. I used Bare Minerals Lasting Line in Absolute Black to line my waterline and top line.

12. Apply Mascara. I used Liz Earle's Lash Definition Mascara.

13. Apply Lipstick. I wanted my lips to be matte because the rest of my face was glowy so i used a liquid lipstick. The one I used is NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. That is the makeup completed!

Finished Makeup 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig