Wednesday 27 January 2016

My Current Skincare Routine

So don't hate me, it's been a while since my last post. But it's OK because I'm back and have lots planned! Today I'm going to share my current skincare routine. Before I start, you should know that I have normal/dry skin, which is slightly dehydrated. So if you have a different skin type I can't promise these products will work the same on you but these work perfectly well for me. 

Step 1 - First Cleanse

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish 100ml (RRP £14)
 First of all I like to use a cleanser to remove all makeup and dirt from my skin. I massage a pump of this all over my face and eyes and then wipe off with a wet muslin cloth. This is my holy grail cleanser, I always re-purchase this because it is just simply the best. It has a creamy texture, which leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. I am a big fan of the brand Liz Earle and always try different products out from the range, I recommend trying some of their products. 

Step 2 - Second Cleanse

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 125ml (RRP £1.99)
So after taking my makeup off I like to put a squirt of this onto a cotton pad and wipe over my face and eyes. This just picks up any remaining makeup or grime left on my face that the cleanser didn't manage to pick up. Any micellar water does the trick, I just generally go for this one because it is usually sold in Home Bargains and Asda for £1. 

Step 3 - Toning

Simple Soothing Facial Toner 200ml (RRP £3.29)
Next, I dab some of this onto a cotton pad and sweep it all over my face. This just restores the PH levels of my skin after it has been cleansed. This is a good cheap toner, which leaves my skin feeling soothed and fresh. I am also a big fan of Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic but that is a little more on the pricey side. 

Step 4 - Moisturise

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream 50ml (RRP £24)
I now apply moisturiser all over my face to keep it hydrated. This step is pretty essential for me because my skin can get so dry. I am really enjoying this moisturiser and because it is so rich you only need to apply a small amount, so it is taking me ages to go through the pot. I always tend to spend more on this step of my routine as my skin can react badly to some of the cheaper options (probably because of the less natural ingredients.) I would also recommend Liz Earle's Skin Repair moisturiser normal/dry. 

Step 5 - Eye Cream

Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack 14ml (£12.50)

Next I moisturise my under eyes (my mother tells me one day I will be thank full of this step.) I'm not really that fussy with this as long as it does the job. If I am honest I think there is a lack of options in the budget range for this. I haven't been using this that long to see any improvements it makes to my under-eyes but it feels nice. 

Step 6 - Spot Treatment

Witch Blemish Stick 10g (RRP £2.59)
Since I've moved to Leeds I have had a nightmare with breakouts so I like to put this over any spots to get rid of them as fast as I can. This actually has been working well at reducing any redness but it can be a bit drying on some areas. 

Step 7 - Lip Care

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Cocoa Butter 20g (RRP £1.95)
The final step is to slap some lip balm on to keep my lips hydrated. This is basically a classic item pretty much everyone uses. I like this flavour purely because it smells so good. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig