Tuesday 28 July 2015

Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer First Impressions

Healthy Mix Concealer
After running out of my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer I decided to try something different. This is what led me to try this concealer. I purchased mine on Asos and my shade (light) was on sale for around £4-£5. I was exited to try this out as I love Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and hoped that this would live up to the same standards. Of course I can't give a full opinion on the product as I have only used it once but it might be interesting to find out my initial thoughts. 

Packaging and Delivery

How it came in the package
As I mentioned previously, I ordered mine off Asos. This was more convenient for me then running out to my local drugstore because I was already ordering other stuff from the website (and I'm just lazy.) I had next day delivery on my order and it came on time, which I was especially pleased with considering it was a Sunday. It came in a black Asos printed box. It was a nice touch to deliver it in a box as it kept the product safe and looked nice when I opened my package. I have never had a problem ordering from Asos and will order off the site in future (no doubt.) 

Closer look at the applicator
The product comes in plastic packaging and is distributed by the plastic top (which really reminds me of those cheap jelly lip glosses everyone used to own in year 7.) It doesn't look anything special but I would expect that for a drugstore product. I was not keen on the applicator as I found that it released too much product at once. My technique was too put a bit on the back of my hand and dot it where needed on my face. I much prefer the applicator of the Wake Me  Up concealer but I guess this applicator it is more hygienic.  Overall, the packaging is nothing special but it's decent for what you pay for. 

The Product

What it looks like applied
Under eyes:

The first thing I noticed when applying this concealer was the colour. I picked the lightest shade as I am fairly pale and I like to use concealer to highlight my under eyes. The colour of the concealer is fairly yellow toned and not as pale as I expected. I think that it would be difficult for anyone paler for me to find a colour which matches. I also would have preferred it to be either neutral or pink toned (to counter-act any dark circles). However, the colour blended well into my skin and applied well on top of foundation (Healthy Mix Serum.) As for my dark circles, I found that it did not quite cover the inner corners as well. I added another very thin layer and it did the trick without it looking cakey, which means it is a fairly build-able formula. I did find the scent (very fruity) along with the coolness of applying very wakening so I can see why they said it was "anti-fatigue". Normally scents would bother me in makeup but the reason for this scent is because it is meant to contain fruit extracts in the formula. The scent did not create any reaction so it is probably OK for people with sensitive skin. The overall look was very light and got rid of my underage circles well. So far I like it but I don't love it.

What it looks like applied

Blemishes/Imperfections:

I used it to cover up any imperfections, mainly around my t-zone. I just dabbed a bit on in the areas needed from the bit I put on the back of my hand. I then blended it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. A lot of my imperfections has already been covered by my foundation, however, it covered anything left quite well. I would say it gives a light/medium coverage without looking cakey. If you suffer from more extreme acne I don't think this would have a good enough coverage so I would opt for something heavier, such as, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. However, it does the job quite well and I would use this on an every day basis. If I had spots I wanted more coverage on I would not use this concealer but for every day it does the trick. 

Overall, my first impressions of this product is that it is a nice light concealer good for every-day purposes. I'm not sure if it is my favourite after the first use, but I will continue to use it and give an update of my final opinions at a later date. 

Summery

Price: £7.99 (Although I got it on sale)
Coverage: Light/Medium 
Shades: 3
Blend ability: 9/10
Colour: 6/10
First Impressions: 7/10


 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig